Administrative Assistant to the Director Position Open
By Carol White, Associate Director of Operations –
The Tennessee Arts Commission seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to the Director. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position supports the TN Arts Commission mission to cultivate the arts for the benefit of all Tennesseans and their communities. Specifically, the position provides scheduling and administrative support to the Executive Director and the Commission board. See http://tnartseducation.org/ for more information about the agency. This is an Executive Service position.
- Provide executive administrative support to the Executive Director, with special focus on strategically and efficiently maintaining a busy calendar of internal and external meetings, phone calls and conference calls; coordinating travel approvals, logistics and expense reporting; managing email and written correspondence and files; facilitate information collection upon request.
- Supports the governing board, including support of Executive Director in preparation of meeting agendas together with reports necessary to properly execute meetings, lodging, meals, transportation, site reservations and any other appropriate hospitality arrangements, facilitates timely commission member reimbursements, record and prepare official minutes of quarterly Commission meetings and committees; and commission member liaison, including same day return of calls and emails to the extent possible. Liaison with Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions and Secretary of State’s office for notice of appointments and vacancies.
- Participates with the Arts Commission team to support agency-wide events and initiatives, including the Governor’s Awards in the Arts, statewide arts conferences and all commission events.
- Responsible for special projects to advance agency mission as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years increasingly responsible full-time professional staff experience.
- Highly organized, motivated, and detail oriented
- Proven history of managing multiple projects simultaneously while supporting daily office operations
- Event management and/or arts administrative experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle and available for travel
Salary based on experience. First step of range: $33,228
Works in non-smoking state office in downtown Nashville
Email a cover letter and resume to Vickie.McPherson@tn.gov or Vickie McPherson, Tennessee Arts Commission, 401 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37243. Electronic submissions preferred. Applicant screening begins June 21, 2016. Pursuant to State of Tennessee policy of nondiscrimination, no person on the ground of race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion or sex shall be excluded from participation in, or be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subject to discrimination of services, programs and employment provided by the Commission and its contracting agencies. Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations or an alternate communication format should so request.